How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long do you cook a 15 lb stuffed turkey?
How long to cook a turkeyWeight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)Weight of BirdRoasting Time (Unstuffed)Roasting Time (Stuffed)10 to 18 pounds3 to 3-1/2 hours3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours18 to 22 pounds3-1/2 to 4 hours4-1/2 to 5 hours22 to 24 pounds4 to 4-1/2 hours5 to 5-1/2 hoursЕщё 1 строка
How long does it take to cook a 14lb turkey at 350?
The simplest say to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird).16 мая 2018 г.
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
Do you cover a turkey when baking?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 250 degrees?
it is safe to eat no matter the color. This requires a cooking time: At 235 degrees F your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound. At 250 degrees F your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound. At 275 degrees F your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
Size and Stuffing Matter
- Size and Stuffing Matter. …
- Your oven temperature for turkey should be 325°F for a for a slow, steady roast. …
- 3 hours to 3 hours, 30 minutes (stuffed) …
- 3 hours, 30 minutes to 4 hours (stuffed) …
- 4 hours to 4 hours, 15 minutes (stuffed) …
- 4 hours, 15 minutes to 4 hours, 45 minutes (stuffed)
How do you calculate cooking time for a turkey?
Simply enter the weight of your turkey in pounds and click calculate. A stuffed turkey requires about 15 minutes per pound while unstuffed turkeys require 12-15 minutes per pound. These times are based on a 325 degree Fahrenheit cooking temperature and should only be used as a guideline.
How often should you baste a turkey?
Basting is optional when roasting a turkey. To ensure a moist turkey, the key is to not overcook it. Try using a remote digital thermometer that will alert you when the turkey is fully cooked yet still juicy. If you choose to baste the bird, do so every 30 minutes.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.