How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
How long do you cook a 18 pound turkey stuffed?
Stuffed Roast TurkeyUnstuffed8 to 12 pounds2 3/4 to 3 hours14 to 18 pounds3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours18 to 20 pounds4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours20 to 24 pounds4 1/2 to 5 hours
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long do you cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
How long can a stuffed turkey sit before cooking?
Refrigerate the leftovers no more than 2 hours after you take the turkey out of the oven. The stuffing will be safe to eat for 3 or 4 days, but make sure to heat it up to 165 degrees when reheating your leftovers.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
What temperature do I cook my turkey at?
What oven temperature to cook a turkey: Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan, and into a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven (or follow recipe instructions). See how long to cook a turkey.
How often should you baste a turkey?
Basting is optional when roasting a turkey. To ensure a moist turkey, the key is to not overcook it. Try using a remote digital thermometer that will alert you when the turkey is fully cooked yet still juicy. If you choose to baste the bird, do so every 30 minutes.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
How many minutes per pound do you roast a turkey?
The general rule for cooking a turkey is 20 minutes per pound, but that can vary depending on whether or not your turkey recipe calls for a stuffed or unstuffed bird.28 мая 2014 г.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
How long does it take to cook a frozen stuffed turkey?
Estimated Cooking Times for Frozen Turkeys
- 8- to 12-pound turkey: 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 12- to 14-pound turkey: 4 1/2 to 5 3/4 hours.
- 14- to 18-pound turkey: 5 3/4 to 6 1/4 hours.
- 18- to 20-pound turkey: 6 1/4 to 6 3/4 hours.
- 20- to 24-pound turkey: 6 3/4 to 7 1/2 hours.