How long do you cook a 15 pound stuffed turkey?
How long to cook a turkeyWeight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)Weight of BirdRoasting Time (Unstuffed)Roasting Time (Stuffed)10 to 18 pounds3 to 3-1/2 hours3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours18 to 22 pounds3-1/2 to 4 hours4-1/2 to 5 hours22 to 24 pounds4 to 4-1/2 hours5 to 5-1/2 hours28 мая 2014 г.
How long should a 15lb turkey cook?
If your turkey weighs 15 to 16 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 3 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 400°F for 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hours.
- 350°F for 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 hours.
- 325°F for 3 3/4 to 4 hours.
16 мая 2018 г.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
Place turkey, breast up, on a V-shaped rack in a 12- by 17-inch roasting pan, or one that is at least 2 in. longer and wider than the bird. Insert a meat thermometer through thickest part of breast to the bone. … Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have shallower sides than roasters, more hot air can circulate around the turkey and make for extra-crispy skin. Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
When should you uncover your turkey?
Cover the turkey and cook if covered for the first couple hours. You can baste it every 30 minutes if preferred. Cook it uncovered for the last hour and a half so that to turkey turns golden brown.
What side do you cook a turkey on?
1. Place the turkey on the rack with the breast side down. This protects the white meat from overcooking and allows it to absorb the juices as they run downward into the bottom of the pan. Then, for the last hour of roasting, carefully remove the pan from the oven and flip the bird over.
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
Size and Stuffing Matter
- Size and Stuffing Matter. …
- Your oven temperature for turkey should be 325°F for a for a slow, steady roast. …
- 3 hours to 3 hours, 30 minutes (stuffed) …
- 3 hours, 30 minutes to 4 hours (stuffed) …
- 4 hours to 4 hours, 15 minutes (stuffed) …
- 4 hours, 15 minutes to 4 hours, 45 minutes (stuffed)
How long can a stuffed turkey sit before cooking?
Refrigerate the leftovers no more than 2 hours after you take the turkey out of the oven. The stuffing will be safe to eat for 3 or 4 days, but make sure to heat it up to 165 degrees when reheating your leftovers.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
What temperature do you cook a turkey at 325 and 350?
Cooking time for different sizesTurkey weightUnstuffed turkey cooking timeOven temperature10 to 14 lb2-1/4 to 3 hours350°F15 to 22 lb3 to 4 hours325°F23 to 25 lb4 to 4 1/2hours325°F26 to 29 lb4-1/2 to 5 hours325°F