How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey?
How long to cook a turkeyWeight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)10 to 18 pounds3 to 3-1/2 hours3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours18 to 22 pounds3-1/2 to 4 hours4-1/2 to 5 hours22 to 24 pounds4 to 4-1/2 hours5 to 5-1/2 hours24 to 29 pounds4-1/2 to 5 hours5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours28 мая 2014 г.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 350?
Calculate Turkey Roasting Time and Temperature. The simplest say to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird).16 мая 2018 г.
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
Size and Stuffing Matter
- Size and Stuffing Matter. …
- Your oven temperature for turkey should be 325°F for a for a slow, steady roast. …
- 3 hours to 3 hours, 30 minutes (stuffed) …
- 3 hours, 30 minutes to 4 hours (stuffed) …
- 4 hours to 4 hours, 15 minutes (stuffed) …
- 4 hours, 15 minutes to 4 hours, 45 minutes (stuffed)
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
Do you cover a turkey when baking?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
How long do you cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
Do you put water in pan when cooking turkey?
No. We do not recommend adding water to the pan because it creates a steam and may steam-burn the turkey. The turkey will produce its own flavorful juices. After cooking, you can extend the turkey’s juices with broth or wine, then add it to your gravy for extra flavor.
How do you cook a turkey at 250 degrees?
At 250 degrees F your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound. At 275 degrees F your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound. Keep the turkey cold while you brine it! It should be in the fridge or in a cooler, or at the very least in a tub of cold water.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.