How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
What temperature do you cook a stuffed turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325?
For a stuffed turkey being cooked in a regular oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, Butterball recommends the following cooking times:
- 6-7 pounds: 2¼ – 2¾ hours.
- 7-10 pounds: 2¾ – 3½ hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 3¾ – 4½ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 4½ – 5 hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 5 – 5½ hours.
- 24-30 pounds: 5½ – 6¼ hours.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350?
10. Calculate Turkey Roasting Time and Temperature
- 425°F for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 400°F for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours.
- 350°F for 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- 325°F for 3 to 3 3/4 hours.
16 мая 2018 г.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
ROASTING DIRECTIONS: Conventional Oven
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Before removing plastic bag, place turkey under warm running water for 2-3 minutes. …
- Place frozen turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow (3″ deep) roasting pan.
- Brush skin with vegetable oil to prevent drying.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
Do you cover a turkey when baking?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
What temperature do you cook a turkey at 325 and 350?
Cooking time for different sizesTurkey weightUnstuffed turkey cooking timeOven temperature10 to 14 lb2-1/4 to 3 hours350°F15 to 22 lb3 to 4 hours325°F23 to 25 lb4 to 4 1/2hours325°F26 to 29 lb4-1/2 to 5 hours325°F
How wet should stuffing be before baking?
The stuffing should be moist, but not wet. If there is a puddle of broth at the bottom of the bowl, you’ve added too much. Add more bread to soak up the excess moisture. If the mix is still dry and crumbly, add more liquid and toss gently until it starts to clump together.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
How long do you roast a turkey in a convection oven?
Cooking a Turkey in a Convection OvenMinutes/lb.Oven TempUnstuffed (10-15 lbs.)8-11 min./lb325Unstuffed (over 15 lbs.)7-10 min/lb.325Turkey Breast4-6 lbs. Breast16-19 min/lb325
How do I cook a 20lb turkey?
Place the bird, breast-side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Cover the whole pan, tenting the bird, with heavy-duty foil so that it’s well sealed. Place in the oven and roast the turkey for about 10 minutes per pound. (So, for a 20-pound turkey, about 3 1/2 hours; for a 15-pound turkey, about 2 1/2 hours.)