How long do you cook a stuffed turkey in a convection oven?
If your turkey is stuffed, also verify the temperature of the stuffing has reached 165°F.
- 12-15 pounds, 1 ¾ hours.
- 15-20 pounds, 2 hours.
- 20-25 pounds, 2 ½ hours.
How do you cook a stuffed turkey in a convection oven?
Place the stuffed turkey into the preheated oven and baste it with the turkey broth in a bulb baster every 45-60 minutes (See how to make broth here). A 12-15 pound turkey should roast in about 3 hours in a convection oven or about 12 minutes per pound and until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
How long to cook the turkey? 13 minutes of cooking time for each pound of turkey if roasting empty and 15 minutes per pound if stuffed.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
When it comes to cooking turkey, convection ovens cook the Thanksgiving bird more quickly (about 30% faster) and evenly than standard ovens. … Since convection ovens take less time to cook turkey, you should set them for a lower temperature than you would a regular oven.
Can you roast a turkey in a convection oven?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F on the convection setting. Wash the turkey inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. … Place the turkey in the lowest rack of the oven and cook for 2-2 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the turkey thigh reaches 180 degrees F.
Do you cover a turkey when roasting in convection oven?
When cooking in convection, it is best to leave the turkey uncovered so that it benefits from the convection sear. However, if the wings and legs begin to brown too much, you certainly can use foil to cover these areas.
How many minutes per pound do you cook a turkey in a convection oven?
Cooking a Turkey in a Convection OvenMinutes/lb.Oven TempWhole TurkeyUnstuffed (10-15 lbs.)8-11 min./lb325Unstuffed (over 15 lbs.)7-10 min/lb.325Turkey Breast
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to cook a 22 pound turkey in a convection oven?
A thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast without touching bone should register 165 F, according to the USDA.
- 6 to 10 pounds – 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 10 to 18 pounds – 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 18 to 22 pounds – 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 22 to 24 pounds – 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
What temperature do I cook a stuffed turkey at?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
Size and Stuffing Matter
- Size and Stuffing Matter. …
- Your oven temperature for turkey should be 325°F for a for a slow, steady roast. …
- 3 hours to 3 hours, 30 minutes (stuffed) …
- 3 hours, 30 minutes to 4 hours (stuffed) …
- 4 hours to 4 hours, 15 minutes (stuffed) …
- 4 hours, 15 minutes to 4 hours, 45 minutes (stuffed)
How long do you cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
Can you use aluminum foil in a convection oven?
The oven trays supplied with the Convection Steam Oven can be covered in aluminum foil. … Aluminum foil pans can be placed on the oven trays supplied, provided they do not touch the back wall of the oven. Cooking with aluminum foil is safe as long as contact with the oven cavity is avoided.
Does a turkey cook faster in a convection oven?
Convection ovens use a fan to move the hot air around, so food cooks about 30 percent faster than it does in a conventional bake oven, which does not have a fan. … So, although a convection oven will cook faster, even a bake oven will work if the turkey is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees.