What temperature do you cook a Butterball turkey?
Preheat oven to 325° F. Remove wrapper. Do not stuff. Place thawed turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan 2 to 2 1/2 inches deep.
How long do you cook a Butterball turkey per pound?
(For an unstuffed bird, we’re talking roughly 15 minutes per pound.) If you want to cook a frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than the recommended times. Your turkey will cook faster in a 325°F convection oven.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 450 degrees?
- Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 450°F. …
- On rack in shallow roasting pan, place turkey breast side up. …
- Roast uncovered 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours 15 minutes, watching carefully. …
- Turkey is done when thermometer reads 165°F and drumsticks move easily when lifted or twisted.
What temperature do you cook a turkey at?
Insert a meat thermometer through thickest part of breast to the bone. (If using an instant-read thermometer, insert when checking temperature later.) Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
How long does it take to roast a Butterball turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
How long do you cook a turkey per pound?
The general rule for cooking a turkey is 20 minutes per pound, but that can vary depending on whether or not your turkey recipe calls for a stuffed or unstuffed bird. Use this handy chart to determine approximately how long to cook it, whether stuffed or unstuffed.28 мая 2014 г.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
For moist meat without the hassle of clearing fridge space to soak the bird in a vat of brining liquid, try a dry brine. Salting a turkey and letting it rest before roasting seasons it deeply and helps it retain moisture.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
What temperature should turkey thighs be cooked to?
Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh meat reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour.
Can you cook a turkey on 400 degrees?
400°F is the perfect temperature for cooking a whole bird. You’ll get crispy skin without compromising tenderness. Depending on the size of your bird, it should take anywhere from 3-6 hours to roast at 400°F. … Here’s a great time chart for turkey roasting.
Should I start my turkey at a higher temperature?
I find it is best to start the turkey at a fairly high temperature (400°F), roast for about twenty minutes and then lower the heat to 350°F for the remainder of the cooking time. Sometimes I forget to lower the oven, though, and the turkey still comes out fine, just perhaps a little darker than I would like!