How long does it take to cook a 3kg turkey?
Weight, roasting time, resting time, serves.
- 3kg (6lb), 1¾ – 2 hours, Up to 60 mins, 4-6.
- 4kg (8lb), 2 – 2¼ hours, Up to 60 mins, 6.
- 5kg (10lb), 2¼ – 2½ hours, Up to 60 mins, 8.
- 6kg (12lb), 2½ – 2¾ hours, Up to 60 mins, 8.
- 7kg (14lb), 2¾ -3 hours, Up to 60 mins, 8-10.
- 9kg (18lb), 3½ – 4 hours, Up to 60 mins, 10-14.
How long do I cook a 7kg Turkey?
Preheat your oven to full whack, get the turkey in the roasting tray and cover with foil. As soon as it goes in the oven, immediately turn the heat down to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. As a rough guide, you want to cook the turkey for about 35 to 40 minutes per kilogram, so a 7kg turkey will want about 4 to 4½ hours in the oven.
How long do I cook an 8.8 kg turkey?
General rule of thumb for oven cooking a stuffed turkey at 325° F is 15 minutes per pound (30 minutes per kilogram). Many variables affect the roasting time. An accurate meat thermometer is recommended.
What is the total cooking time for just the turkey if it weighs 12 pounds?
Turkey Roasting Time by SizeTurkey SizeUnstuffedStuffed8 to 12 lbs.2 3/4 to 3 hours3 to 3 1/2 hours12 to 14 lbs.3 to 3 3/4 hours3 1/2 to 4 hours14 to 18 lbs.3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours4 to 4 1/4 hours18 to 20 lbs.4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours
What temperature should a turkey cook to?
How long should I cook a turkey?
The general rule for cooking a turkey is 20 minutes per pound, but that can vary depending on whether or not your turkey recipe calls for a stuffed or unstuffed bird.
How long to cook a turkey.Weight of Bird Roasting Time (Unstuffed) Roasting Time (Stuffed)24 to 29 pounds4-1/2 to 5 hours5-1/2 to 6-1/4 hours28 мая 2014 г.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have shallower sides than roasters, more hot air can circulate around the turkey and make for extra-crispy skin. Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
How many people will a 6.5 kg turkey feed?
How long do you cook a 6.5 kg turkey?
Turkey roasting chart:SERVINGSWEIGHTUNSTUFFED4 to 610 – 12 lb (4.5 – 5.5 kg)3 – 3-1/4 hours8 to 1012 – 16 lb (5.5 – 7 kg)3-1/4 – 3-1/2 hours12 to 1616 – 22 lb (7 – 10 kg)3-1/2 – 4 hours
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How do you cook a 4kg turkey?
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Smear the butter all over the turkey and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C.
How long do you cook a turkey at 375?
- Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. …
- Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. …
- Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices. …
- Finishing off – Remove bird from the oven.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 250 degrees?
it is safe to eat no matter the color. This requires a cooking time: At 235 degrees F your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound. At 250 degrees F your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound. At 275 degrees F your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.